Drummers Call is the journal of the Society, and it is published twice a year. Whilst it might seem strange to write about an activity that is mostly about either playing or listening to music, the journal exists as a forum for society members to share their experiences and to discuss the finer points of Corps of Drums music. We also publish from time to time pieces of music where the copyright holder has given permission.
In recent times we have had the opportunity of travelling abroad and the light-hearted articles have entertained those not able to be present.
We are always pleased to receive reports from the Infantry Corps of Drums, many of whom are serving abroad, but all seem to find time to practice and hold the occasional concert for the locals.
Articles have included
- Pictures from the Lord Mayor’s Show in London – the Society has provided at least one Massed Corps since the early 1990’s.
- The history of Imperial German Drums music – a major historical study illustrated with archive pictures.
- Dress for military Drummers past and present – several members of the Society are uniform historians.
- Drums ‘collectables’ such as postcards illustrating Drummers.
- News of member Corps both military and civilian.
- Correspondence on many facets of Drums music and life.
The Editor is Peter Hart, who is always glad to hear from interested readers and potential contributors. Peter can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.